Talking to Children About Difficult Topics
Are you worried about:
- talking to a child about divorce, death or illness,
- preparing a foster child for a placement move, or sharing their traumatic history with them,
- discussing the importance of internet safety,
- helping a child to understand the need for painful medical treatment
Having these conversations is tremendously difficult but preparing children for life-changing events is incredibly important for their future mental health and for maintaining their trust in you. However, that does not make it any easier when we realise that we are going to have to have a “difficult” conversation with our child. Unfortunately, that fear can often lead to important topics being avoided or not given the time and consideration needed to address it in the best way possible. Whatever the subject, or the age of the child, there are lots of ways to make it a bit less painful for you both and maybe come away from the conversation knowing that you’re even closer to your child than before.
- The things to consider before having a difficult conversation
- How to start a difficult conversation
- Strategies for talking about life changing topics
Course Date: TBC
Course Time: 12 – 2pm
Cost: £30 per person
To book on this group, please call our office number on 01283 840051 or click below to fill in our enquiry form
If you are based in Staffordshire, Birmingham, The Black Country, Derbyshire, Shropshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire or Northamptonshire and you’d like more information about our training workshops or advice on using our services just give us a call or send us an email to find out more. We also offer many of our services nationally throughout the UK.